The much-anticipated Metallic Gold Limited Edition of Charlotte Hornets’ Rookie of the Year LaMelo Ball has finally found its way to NBA Top Shot through an unprecedented drop. After the 19-year-old basically dominated his rookie class (on the court and on the blockchain), one of his most iconic plays from his rookie campaign has been minted into his second MGLE Moment - a full-court, one-handed scoop pass that magically found its way to his teammates hands.
To honor this season’s ROTY (and his true fans), 499 lucky collectors were air-dropped a LaMelo MGLE late last night. Yup, they were absolutely free. Here’s how the last MGLE of the entire Series 2 was randomly distributed:
- 25 MGLEs to holders of the LaMelo Holo Icon Moment (Legendary)
- 225 MGLEs to holders of the LaMelo Series MGLE (Rare)
- 50 MGLEs to holders of the LaMelo Rising Stars Moment (Rare)
- 99 MGLEs to holders of the LaMelo Cool Cats Moment (Common)
- 50 MGLEs to holders of the LaMelo Series 2 Base Set 4k (Common)
- 50 MGLEs to holders of the LaMelo Series 2 Base Set 40k (Common)
As usual, NBA Top Shot took a snapshot on July 21 at 6:00 PM PDT (before the announcement) meaning there was no way to cram for this right before the drop by heading to the Marketplace and panic-buying. And, as its been with recent rewards, this specific LaMelo MGLE Moment was neatly tucked into a special pack which was automatically sent to 499 lucky users. As exciting as it sounds, NBA Top Shot also mentioned that this is the only time they’re doing this, for this season at least.